Tapered Lefty 2.0 / Supermax Adapter
- For use on non-Cannondale frames with tapered head tubes
- For use with 2.0 and Supermax Leftys ONLY
- Forged steerer tube
- Measure your stack height before ordering!
Did you know that Project 321 was the first to manufacture an adapter for Leftys? Owner and lead designer, Jake Liles believed that the Lefty was superior to many other forks on the market at the time. He wanted the stiffness, strength and weight savings of a Lefty on his Giant AC but due to the larger head tube size that Cannondale designed the Lefty to fit, this was impossible. Temporarily impossible, at least. Jake decided to make this happen for himself not knowing he was becoming the leader of a movement that includes Cannondale now producing their own ‘Lefty For All’ adapter.
This adapter allows use of a 2.0 or Supermax Lefty on a non-Cannondale frame with a tapered head tube.
Collars are CNC machined here in the USA and the steerer tube is forged for additional strength.
Bottom collar comes pressed onto steerer and is not adjustable.
Top collar is adjustable and moves easily up and down the steerer until it is installed.
Rigid Quality Control. This is something we take VERY seriously. You will not receive a part with a scratch or ding. We believe it is your job to try and tear this baby up, not ours. We also maintain tight controls on anodizing to provide consistent colors and use an extra long seal to preserve color. Unfortunately, fading is part of the nature of the anodizing process, but the extra long seal helps maintain the original brilliance as long as possible.
Outstanding Customer Service. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and our availability. A real person still answers the phone and we have team of knowledgeable sales and technical advisers available to help you over the phone or via email. Our response times are normally very fast, often same day and our shipping team works hard to get your product as quickly as possible (often same day).
Tapered Lefty 2.0 / Supermax Adapter
- Weight before steerer tube is cut is 217g (weight will vary drastically due to the varying clamp spacing of the Lefty).
- Allows use of a 2.0 / Supermax Lefty on frames with tapered head tubes (1.125”x1.5”).
- This adapter is 275mm (10.83”) from the crown race up before it is cut.
- Includes a red split-ring that is designed to expand into the lower headset’s crown race.
- Some restrictions apply:
- Stack height max is up to 138mm depending on the Lefty.
- See stack height description page for information on how to measure your stack height.
- Spacers may be needed to complete your specific build. These should be available at your local bike shop.
- 5 year warranty against any manufacturing defects (applies to original owner only)
NOTE: Our Tapered Adapter is not actually tapered. A true tapered steerer was not an option due to dimensional restraints from the Lefty lower crown. No problem though, we came up with a nice little solution that works perfectly with a tapered headset. And since the Lefty is really a double crown strut there is no real advantage to a tapered steerer anyway.
- Available in all 10 colors to match our hubs perfectly.
- Finished off with beautiful machining.
- Compatible with many other manufacturers’ Lefty hubs (See list in FAQ).
- Ti Bolt is exceptionally strong and light and even has torque spec lasered onto it.
- First American manufacturer with a 2.0/Supermax compatible hub!
- Flange spacing that makes the bracing angle better on the disc side.
- Sleek design, CNC engraved logo, pre-polished for extra shine!
- Brilliant colors, long lasting anodization.
- Comes with our anodized Hub Cap and Ti Bolt kit